Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Introductory Letter

 

Dear Professor Blackstone,

 

My name is Khrishnathan S/O Ravindran, though you may simply call me Nathan. It is my pleasure to write this formal introductory letter to you. Currently, I am pursuing a Bachelor's Degree with Honors in Mechanical Engineering at the Singapore Institute of Technology, following my prior attainment of a Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering at Singapore Polytechnic.

 

My passion for the world of engineering can be traced to my love for planes. Since young, I have been enamoured with how man harnessed the ability to fly, and I have since been in pursuit of the goal to be amongst one of the few to reach the stars. Through that journey, I came to realise that I am always keen on seeking out the unknown, never wavering in any challenge that it may entail. Nothing good ever comes easy is something that I truly believe and show in my work, hoping one day it will lead me to my dreams. This interest led me to enrol in this programme, believing that it can further boarded my knowledge and abilities in the realm on engineering.

 

My area of weakness would be my inability to articulate my thoughts effectively. I tend to swallow my thoughts, stammer in front of crowds and not be able to project my opinions clearly for others to understand. Sometimes my mind can be filled with thoughts, only for my tongue to be twisted. I believe my lack of confidence may be a key reason to my problem, something I hope to learn and overcome in your class.

 

In your class, I have set several objectives for self-improvement. Firstly, I aim to enhance my ability to communicate my ideas coherently, ensuring that my message is easily comprehensible to others. Additionally, I aspire to bolster my confidence in presentation skills, preparing myself for future engagements with clients and stakeholders. Hopefully one day, I can speak without fear, whilst amongst the stars.

 

Through this letter, I hope you have gained a better understanding of who I am. I eagerly anticipate your class and the opportunity to learn under your guidance.

 

Best Regards,

 

Khrishnathan




Comments Given: 

- Kristine 
- Deviesh 
- Yong Kiat 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Nathan, it was a pleasure to read your introduction letter. Overall I would say that your introduction letter was well written and it went into great details on your passion, interests as well as goals. I really liked how you mentioned about your unwavering mindset and will take on any challenge that may come your way. If I were to point out any flaw in your letter, it would be to expand more on why you would want to improve. Overall, the letter was still very well written, I hope you are able to achieve the goals you have set for yourself for this module and hope you reach the stars one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice passion for planes, I also pursued Aerospace Engineer back in my Polytechnic days because planes piqued my interest then compared moving machines. I felt that the short presentation you gave during class was impressive, your tone, articulation, body posture. It shows how confident you are. Do not belittle yourself. It would be nice if you can share more about your strength so that people can get to know you better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Nathan,

    This is a finely crafted, informative etter. I especially appreciate learning about your interest in planes and yearning for the stars and how you realized that a ME degree might help make that happen.

    You also do a good job breaking down your comm skills and connecting those needs to your goals.

    Your language use is well done in this letter but there are some minor issues:
    1. ambiguity in expression
    -- ...This interest led me to enrol in this programme, believing that it can further boarded my knowledge. > ("can further boarded'') ?

    2. overuse of caps
    -- Best Regards, > ?

    I look forward to interacting more with you this term.

    Best wishes,

    Brad

    ReplyDelete

Critical Reflection

  Prior to this module, I was quite confident in my writing and communication skills, considering my past experiences in presentations. Thou...